Drydock

A place for non mission in character posts
Brienne Rose
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Drydock

Post by Brienne Rose » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 am

Brienne blinked at the Captain's sudden order and departure, blinking again at the mess on her desk, but...well, she knew enough about protocol to know that the Captain's orders took precedence, especially over housekeeping.

"Uh...sure--er, yes, sir," she said, standing up quickly and straightening her slightly wrinkled uniform before hustling out after him, catching up and falling onto a smart, brisk pace to keep up, always a step or so behind.

She'd toured the ship when she'd first come aboard, of course. The Chief Science Officer at the time, Lieutenant Vitri, had insisted. But she'd had rare occasion to do so since then, and certainly not since the attack. She figured she'd need more of a passing familiarity with it, and quickly.

She followed the captain onto the bridge, nodding a bit awkwardly to the security officer and following the captain to his seat. She remained silent and patient for him to address her again, but she needed the time to orient herself in the bridge. She'd rarely been here.

The frazzled young woman barely seemed to notice the XO enter, even when he was announced, nor when the captain began addressing him. She finally seemed to snap back to reality when she heard her name and quickly stood at attention and...saluted?

"S-Sir! Ensig--Lieutenant Rose here," she flailed for the words, clearly on edge...not that one could blame her. According to the reports during the attack, she'd been surprisingly brave during the attack for a squint...she was probably still shaken from it.

Riley Rossi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Riley Rossi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Riley acknowledged her, and saluted back. "Lieutenant Rose." He turned to the Captain and nodded. "I've been fine sir. I was helping with Damage Control and our medical staff. I even donated some blood. A little woozy but I'll be okay; I'm here to serve."

Riley took his spot beside the Captain and their science officer. He took a mental note of the staff still on the bridge. They had lost most of their staff, and would have to make due for now. He sighed at the thought that most of his friends dying, and his absolute contempt for the Gorn. But now was no time to grieve.

Eager to get to work, Riley activated his computer to check the status of the ship. "So what's our move here Captain? What are we missing? What do we need?"

Ryan Murphy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ryan Murphy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:11 pm

The Captain remained silent as the Executive Officer and Chief Science Officer spoke to eachother. He than nodded slightly to the Executive Officer, he than added, "Unfortunately, we don't have a move yet, until the Sampson is fixed. Once the Sampson is fixed, we can return to our normal duties. Our next mission has not yet been planned out" The Captain could relate as well, he is a man of action, not one for sitting around. There was a place for anger, but right now... He couldn't show it or act on it.

He than paused for a few more minutes and than added, "We have new armaments and hull upgrades under way. Once that is done, they'll be replacing our engines and most of our systems, they've all been damaged beyond repair" There was a part of the Captain that was excited, a chance for them to level the playing field against their powerful enemies. Although, he knew had Lieutenant Hikawa over heard him, the petite Japanese woman would have been very... excited.
Lieutenant Commander Ryan Murphy

Commanding Officer
USS Sampson
"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Brienne Rose
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Brienne Rose » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:02 am

Brienne listened to the military men talk. She wasn't completely clueless about the upgrades. Of course she'd been made aware of the specs, and she had enough of a background in physics to understand what most of them were, but if she'd been asked to make an educated comment about those upgrades, she'd likely abstain until she could consult her staff. She was an anthropological advisor, here to provide insights into how their enemies might act. She likely would have little actual insight regarding these updates.

They would likely seek out operations before asking her, however.

She took the moment to look around the bridge, familiarizing herself with it. She would likely be expected to spend at least some of her time here, which didn't bother her. She wasn't so far gone in her negative opinion of herself that she was beyond enjoying the feeling of importance that her promotion, that being here among the "big dogs" gave her...when she wasn't feeling abjectly horrified at how underqualified she felt.

Ryan Murphy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ryan Murphy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 am

The Captain than turned his focus back towards Lieutenant Rose. He than stated, "Lieutenant, I will be honest, my knowledge of science matters is very limited. He knew her background and he added, "My question to you Lieutenant is this, I know your background, this ship is primarily a war ship, the space we protect is dangerous, and I know that you are an expect in how our enemies may act. What I need to know is other than big guns, big shields and engines what would put us in a better position? I don't expect you to tell me right away, but the sooner the better" The Captain's tone was even keeled and relaxed, despite how... hectic things seemed.

He than heard his comm badge go off "Lieutenant Purdy to Captain Murphy, the engines are being installed and we need your go ahead for their install" The Captain took a moment and stated, "Let me know when you are ready Lieutenant", he than turned on his heel and made his exit, he than tapped his comm badge and stated, "On my way Lieutenant"
Lieutenant Commander Ryan Murphy

Commanding Officer
USS Sampson
"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Brienne Rose
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Brienne Rose » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 am

She blinked. "O-Oh, sure--er, aye, aye, Captain," she said, focusing her mind inward, away from the bridge and the people and the consoles (oooh, is that the new Model 6C?), and back to her studies, what she'd learned about the Gorn and the Romulans since starting on the Sampson. She'd taken her role aboard the Sampson very seriously. She didn't know physics or chemistry (though now with her promotion she was intending to brush up with some of her officers), she was only passably aware of biology. But she knew cultures. She klnew warfare. She could come up with something that would help them.

She nodded again, a bit more confidently, determined to not make her superiors regret the strange twist of fate that put her in this position.